Available from 1 August 2020 | Effective from 1 January 2021 | Superseding the BP 2020
The British Pharmacopoeia (BP) 2021 is the most comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products. It includes around 4,000 monographs including the BP (Veterinary) and all European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) monographs, making the BP a convenient and fully comprehensive set of standards that can be used across Europe and beyond.
Why use the BP?
If a pharmaceutical substance or finished product is marketed in a country where the BP is a legal standard, it must comply with the requirements of the BP throughout its shelf life.
In addition to all European Pharmacopoeia texts being included, the new edition also features:
- 30 new BP monographs, 20 new Ph. Eur. monographs.
- 171 amended BP monographs.
- All monographs from the Ph. Eur. 10th edition and supplements 10.1 and 10.2 are included.
- New Tracked Changes functionality makes it easier to identify changes made to monographs and view the most recent versions suitable to you. Save time when reading through monographs with clear symbols highlighting different types of changes and customise your view by toggling through different levels of detail.
- Streamlined Timeline functionality and cleaner design helps you find the information you need. Easily see the editions of the BP in which a monograph was published and subsequently revised. Archive subscribers can now access all previous editions of BP and Ph. Eur., through the improved navigation.
- We’re releasing 8 new BPCRS to coincide with the new and revised monographs in the BP 2021. This means you can order the new chemical reference standards alongside the BP 2020 – helping you comply with the new standards from January 2021.
- Ensure you get the best value access to the information you need. Choose from a range of flexible licences and formats – including full online and offline access.