Oxford English for Cambridge Primary Student Book 1 contains:
Oxford English for Cambridge Primary Student Book 1
Clear learning outcomes ensure systematic development of core English skills and provide measurable targets for students and teachers. Thematic units featuring global texts give a foundation to engage and build learners’ confidence. This course offers comprehensive coverage of the Cambridge Primary English curriculum framework.
- Formative and summative assessment provision for teachers and guidance on helping students progress and achieve their best.
- Student self-assessment and progress check is integrated throughout.
- Blended pedagogical approaches for multilingual students who are learners of English as a first language and learners of English as a second language.
- Discovery based learning, inquiry and critical thinking skills are practised and nurtured throughout all six levels.
- Speaking and listening skills are scaffolded and thoroughly developed through all six levels which addresses students’ life-long learning needs
- Global themes in each unit engage students with interesting topics and literature from diverse cultures.
- Offers teachers and students a ‘transition’ unit at the end of Stage 6 to show the integration between the primary framework and Stage 7 of Cambridge Secondary 1 English.
- Interlingual teaching and learning guidance for teachers which recognizes, celebrates and uses multilingualism as a pathway to student achievement in English.